Monday 27 March 2017

Craft Sunday

Yesterday was Mothering Sunday here in the UK and I decided to have a craft day. I spend so much time working on knitting and crochet designs that there often isn't any time left for all the other crafts I like to do. When my daughter was here last week we had a craft day when we both made a little felt doll.


That's mine at the back and hers in front (her doll is hiding the fact that mine has wrinkly legs!) These were old kits from Mollie Makes Magazine; we used our own felt and threads but followed the pattern. They turned out to be quite detailed and took us most of the day to finish - it didn't help that I got carried away embroidering the tiny pockets on my doll's dress. The dolls are about the size of an adult hand and have pipe cleaners inside so that they can be posed.

Anyway, I had a lovely day yesterday working on various different crafts. There was some of this ...
Weaving a scarf with glittery sock yarn on my rigid heddle loom

... quite a lot of this ...

Hand piecing snowball quilt blocks

... a little bit of this ...

Pin Loom weaving

... and, finally, this ...

Cross Stitch

I thoroughly enjoyed it all - as did Tolly the kitten who got so excited by the big loom that he had to be sent out in the garden to play. There really isn't room for a kitten on my lap underneath the loom, especially one who keeps trying to catch the shuttle.

It did make me think of other projects I'd like to get out again though. There are several lots of needlepoint and what about those snowflakes that I started crocheting from 100 Snowflakes to Crochet by Caitlin Sainio?


Maybe next Sunday? By the way, you might notice that there are Belle and Boo tins in two of these pictures. I love them, I've got another one somewhere with some English Paper Piecing in. Both of the tins you can see here feature snowy scenes - very appropriate for snowball blocks and crochet snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment